Sorrow suffocates
My already drowning soul
My breath collapses my chest in
As I struggle to find one last bit of oxygen
To get me through my day
I hold my breath
Savouring what life I have left
Wishing you would be the one to breathe the life back into me
But as I grow, I realize
You want me to choke
You want me to feel stricken
Powerless
Feel as if I have no control over anything in my own life
You have made yourself a deity
A God in my ever fading world
One of strength and hope
A beacon of light to lead me on my way to everlasting happiness
You're every move
You're every word
Causes my world to either crumble in upon itself
Or begin to work itself back to a whole
My faith faulters
As this pillar of seeming perfection
Crumbles
Piece by piece you reveal your true self
And gradually I come to realize
You are not who I fell in love with
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment